5 Ways to Stay Motivated While Attending College
Posted Monday, Oct 18, 2010 by
Staying motivated takes work. Here are some ideas that will help you get the most out of your daily activities and help you keep your nose to the grindstone.
1. Let plenty of light and sunshine into your life. Believe it or not, not enough exposure to sunlight can trigger a dispirited mood that may bring about a lethargic condition. Take frequent walks, and have lunch outside the office or home whenever possible.
2. Get busy and get inspired. There’s nothing like overcoming the feeling of depression. Do what you love and enjoy the simple things in life whenever and wherever possible.
3. Take a break. It only takes a second or two to get back on track by listening to soothing music, which can help relieve the stress that accompanies every day living. Have fun!
4. Eat healthy and exercise. Food with lots of sugar can be unhealthy. Avoid caffeine as well. Consuming either sugar or caffeine might give you a brief energy burst but can later bring about feelings of anxiety and tension. And don’t forget that alcohol can act as a depressant. A good exercise routine can help your body produce endorphins, also known as the “happy chemicals.”
5. Make sure you have a social life. Remember, no person is an island. Get out with your fiends on occasion. Nothing feels better than knowing you have a circle of people who are there for support when you need them.
Attending college at present or thinking about looking into career training programs of interest? We’re Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities, and we can help.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you accelerate your career.