How to Create a Personal Brand
Posted Wednesday, Jan 19, 2011 by
From the Career Development Suite
Create a Personal Brand
Branding has a long history, and especially in the retail business. Millions and millions of dollars are invested annually by giant retailers looking to plant their brand message foremost in the minds of people just like you.
Once a person has been successfully programmed with a product message, they come to expect a certain quality and consistency of benefits from the product being offered.
Continual exposure to the company’s brand and benefits creates a connection in the mind of the consumer until the company becomes synonymous with a person’s needs.
Building Your Own Personal Brand
Is it possible to brand yourself in the same way that a product is branded? Yes. it’s quite possible. In fact, personal branding can be a tremendous benefit no matter what your profession or present station in life.
You can take the following steps to create the image of how you want people to see you in their mind.
- Identify things of value in your life. Your personal brand is really a reflection of the people and events that dominate your life, and how you respond. Be true to those values and live life accordingly.
- Identify the things that make you unique. Your personal values can serve as a foundation for helping you develop your talents and skills.
- Determine precisely how you’d like to be seen by others. In reality, personal branding is controlling other people’s perceptions of you. Your actions and how you present yourself count more than you know.
- Acknowledge your specialty. Determine what it is you’d like to be known for, and then take action to make it a reality.
- Identify a target for your personal brand. Your goal is to build loyalty in the people that matter in your life.
- Talk the talk and walk the walk. Once your personal brand is created, your life should consist of “walking” and “talking” your brand. Promote what you stand for to the world.
- Personal branding can begin anywhere and at any moment you decide there’s more to life. Personal branding can also start with education.
Personal brand building can start in the classroom by studying hard and setting educational goals. After graduation, an entire world awaits the benefits of the potential contributions you can make by having started down the pathway to success.
An Everest education can help your personal branding efforts by providing the educational tools and classroom experiences that can help get your career moving in the right direction.
Contact Everest today to learn more about the business, IT, criminal justice and health care programs offered that are helping lift the lives of students to a whole new level.
Programs and schedules vary by campus.