Train to Become a Medical Assistant in the Atlanta Metro Area
Posted Wednesday, Apr 27, 2011 by
If you can envision yourself as a professional working in the health care field, training to become a medical assistant at the Atlanta West campus of Everest College might be just the action needed to get your career moving.
Medical assistants play a valuable role in health care facilities such as doctors’ offices, medical specialty offices, insurance billing agencies and urgent care centers.
Studying to become a medical assistant at the Atlanta West campus can help get you prepared to pursue health care entry-level positions that become available in the Atlanta Metro area. Your training can qualify you to demonstrate the professional and ethical behavior typical of the health care field in general.
Upon successful completion of the Medical Assistant program, graduates are able to:
- Demonstrate a working comprehension and use of appropriate industry terminology
- Perform needed clinical responsibilities in a highly professional manner
- Accurately maintain patient records
- Demonstrate proficient word processing, medical transcription and office application skills
- Instruct patients on promoting personal health and disease prevention
- And more
Upon completion of the Medical Assistant program, students have a wide range of possible career opportunities to choose from such as medical receptionist, medical insurance biller or coder, clinical assistant, insurance clerk and more.
Get your career moving and contact Everest College’s Atlanta West campus today for more information.