7 Tips for Moms Attending School
Posted Monday, Jul 25, 2011 by
Attending school can be tough for anyone, especially if you’re a mom trying to balance a relationship, marriage or the day-to-day activities of life.
Here are several tips that can help the education dream become a reality:
- Get help with the chores. Pursuing an education is a great way of showing your family how much you care. Let them know they have a part in the process and get them to help out with family chores.
- Find the discipline to finish school projects. A lot of things can throw you off track, like illness, transportation problems or family emergencies. While these things are important, your goal is to find a way around them to be the best student possible.
- Family time has its place. Your family is important, along with the events they participate in. Support your family but let them know it’s equally important for you to keep on top of your studies.
- Find time to spend with other student moms. You’re not alone in your pursuit to improve your life. Other moms can provide friendship and support because they face many of the same challenges as you.
- Utilize your college’s support network. Freely seek the academic support you need from those who can help you succeed.
- Think ahead and post your goals on the refrigerator. Visualization can be a powerful thing.
- Get a good night’s sleep every night. Rest can work wonders for the mind and body.
The most important thing to remember is that you’re not alone. Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities understand the challenges that many moms face in attending school. We may be able to provide the help and support you need.
Contact us today to learn more about the programs and courses offered that might be the solution you need to help place your career potential on the fast track.
For information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit our website at www.everest.edu/disclosures.