5 Questions You May Be Asked on Your First Job Interview
Posted Monday, Nov 14, 2011 by
No matter what career field you hope to enter, if you’ve recently graduated from a career-training program at Everest, there are certain interview questions you may be asked in an interview.
Possible questions may include:
- Can you give examples of teamwork? If you’ve ever been a member of a team through a past job, sports or volunteer groups, provide examples of how your team worked together to accomplish a goal and how it made an impact.
- Have you ever had any challenges with a team member? Be careful how you come across with this question. You don’t want to appear rash and difficult to work with if you’ve experienced past challenges. A positive answer is always the best one. If you enjoyed working with everyone, no matter if there were differences at times, an employer will more than likely look at this as an honest response.
- Why would you like to work for our company? You may be a customer or someone who really appreciates the products or services of the company you’re interviewing with, and you may feel your talents or skills would benefit them. Be sure and mention any experience or Everest training you have that relates to the position you’re applying for.
- What’s your most rewarding accomplishment? Graduating from your program is a great accomplishment, especially in light of the fact you may be interviewing with an industry employer. Or, it may be that you were a member of a high school team that won a league championship. It matters if you’re proud of it.
- How has your training prepared you to work at our company? This is a great opportunity to talk about the training received at Everest, the helpful and knowledgeable instructors, and the support systems that prepared you for this moment. It matters to employers if job seekers are well trained and ready to perform on day one.
Everest College offers career-training programs for Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant, Criminal Justice, Massage Therapy, Electrician and much more.
Why not contact us today to find out about our programs and learn if career training is a good fit for helping you get to where you want in life.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit our website at www.everest.edu/disclosures.