5 Simple Strategies That Can Help You Land a Job
Posted Monday, Nov 21, 2011 by
There are a number of things you can do to stay on top of things when it comes to finding a new job, and they include the following five simple strategies:
1. Keep your resume updated. Most people, if they even have a resume, will let the dust pile up for years before giving it any attention again. Make it a point to dust off your resume and start writing again.
2. Make sure your resume is online. The sites that have been around for some years are still there — Monster.com, Hotjobs.com and Careerbuilder.com. Just keep in mind that your resume may need to be updated periodically even if it’s online.
3. Look for job postings on local search engines. While online is a great place to maintain a resume, places like Craigslist, your local newspaper, etc., are often overlooked as a source where you may find a good job.
4. Walk the road less traveled. It may be that most of the jobs available aren’t advertised. And a lot of the jobs that are advertised receive a lot of competition from job seekers. Consider talking to friends, family or former employers for job leads. Checkout community job fairs if there are any offered. Here, you can often spend quality time speaking with a company representative.
5. Give a solid performance in the interview. Sell yourself by being likeable and real. Be interested and be confident.
Getting the education that can help give your career aspirations a boost is the first step. Contact Everest today to find out more about the programs, training and support we offer students looking to get further ahead in life.