Still Plenty of Medical Assistant Opportunities in Detroit Area
Posted Saturday, May 3, 2014 by
Although the Detroit metro area continues to struggle, health care is one of the local economy’s few bright spots. Medical assistants are in particularly good shape. Many opportunities remain available for trained, eager individuals looking for support positions in local medical offices.
Between 2008 and 2018, medical assistant jobs in the Detroit are projected to increase almost 26 percent, according to the Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget. This will add about 2,700 new positions to the workforce, bringing the total to about 13,150.*
If you would like to take advantage of this demand, consider medical assistant career training at Everest Institute in Detroit. The Medical Assistant program is one of Everest’s most popular. In fact, Everest trains and graduates more medical assistants than any other school in the United States.
At Everest Institute in Detroit, you can learn all the basic skills required of a professional medical assistant, including:
- Measuring vital signs
- Recording medical histories
- Performing laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Updating and managing patient records
- Preparing patients for examinations
- Drawing blood
- Helping to manage medical offices
Hands-on courses in the Medical Assistant program curriculum include:
- Patient Care and Communication
- Health Insurance Basics, Claims Processing, and Computerized Billing
- Cardiopulmonary Systems and Electrocardiography
- Laboratory Procedures
- Endocrine, Skeletal and Reproductive Systems
Everest’s Medical Assistant program can be completed in just 10 months. Upon graduation, you can seek the assistance of Everest’s Career Services department, which can help you write a winning resume, practice interviewing techniques, choose a professional wardrobe and, most important of all, help you find and contact potential employers in your area.
About Everest Institute in Detroit
In Detroit, Everest Institute is located at 300 River Place Drive near where Atwater Street terminates at Joseph Campeau Avenue. In addition to its Medical Assistant program, the Detroit campus also offers the following career training programs:
- Business Office Administration
- Information Technology Support Specialist
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
For more information on Everest Institute’s Medical Assistant program in Detroit, contact Everest today.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify.